Date: 18 May 2024
Welcome, Guest
Complete, all you can do here.
Sonicly

[ New Messages · Forum Rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Sonicly Forum » Hobby & Entertainment » Automotive » If You Build Them, They Will Come
If You Build Them, They Will Come
777Date: Saturday, 30 Oct 2010, 17.11 | Message # 1
Like Sharing
Group: User
User ID: 777
Awards: 0 [+] Loading Awards...
Well, lots of Buick news this week. Or more than we're used to, at least.

According to the Detroit Free Press, Buick has announced that it expects to move double its current volume over the next few years, thanks in large part to new models like its redesigned Regal midsize sedan and the bold new LaCrosse.

I particularly enjoyed this comment from Exhaust Notes reader xquzit98, from the article on China's influence on car design (most notably on Buick and other GM models):
"Im 30 and never thought [I'd] say it, but I'd buy a Buick! Move over Grandpa, I'm drivin!"Indeed. I saw the new Regal unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show and, like the LaCrosse, it's a looker. The 2.4L inline 4-cylinder isn't going to scare a Caddy off the line any time soon -- and I'm talking the regular CTS model, let alone the monster CTS-V -- turbocharged or no, but inspired design and reasonable price point (just under $30K to start for the premium CXL turbo model) definitely make the new face of Buick a value leader. It's actually a pretty exciting turnaround for a brand that was barely on the radar even a couple years ago. (My one complaint, without yet having driven the vehicle, is that the interior materials could use a bit of an upgrade.)

As the source article points out, though, some battles may be won but the war is hardly over -- the company will have to do some serious (and smart) marketing to effectively change the brand perception and lower the average age of their buyers, which is pretty old at this point. I, for one, will be paying attention.

Sonicly Forum » Hobby & Entertainment » Automotive » If You Build Them, They Will Come
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Forum Statistics
Chrysler to build ZF'...
SEAL OFFLINE(SEAL OFFLIN...
Tips Menghias Kamar Agar...
Strategi Jitu Agar Lekas...
Tips Rahasia ML ...
Masyarakat Bisa Tuntut P...
Tanaman Berkhasiat Obat ...
Bahaya Onani Bagi Remaja...
Dicari, Sonicly Designer